ToruCa is an amazing deals app like Groupon for those visiting or living inside Japan.
ToruCa (pronounced To-lu-ka) is a Groupon-style app for Android that features all kinds of interesting coupons and deals for dining, tourist attractions, movies, and other things to do!
The app is completely in Japanese (no English translation available, sadly!) so you’ll want to have someone that does speak Japanese with you to make sure you’re not wandering into some strange place to get a deal on something you don’t know about.
The best thing about the app is that it’s geared towards exploring what’s around you; ToruCa uses geolocation to find deals close to you and even shows them on a map. Each deal comes with full color photos and text descriptions (which you’ll have to translate by copying and pasting into Google Translate) of what’s being offered.
This app features built-in integration with Google Maps so you can tap a map button to get directions from your current location to the destination offering the deals you’re interested in!
Aside from this app being completely in Japanese (it IS a Japanese app, though!), ToruCa is a great way to discover places to eat, things to do, and cool stuff you can save on while you explore Japan.
- Get Up To 90% Off ToruCa features new deals every day, with some saving you as much as 90% off!
- Google Maps Integration Find new deals near you in the Google Maps tab, and get detailed directions (biking, walking, public transit) to reach your destination as quickly as possible.
- It’s 100% Japanese Which might be an asset, if you’re fluent! If you can’t read Japanese you're going to need to move back and forth between the app and Google Translate often.
Potentially dangerous permissions
- ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION: Allows an app to access precise location. Alternatively, you might want ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION.
- READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to read from external storage.
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to write to external storage.
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Allows applications to access information about networks.
- INTERNET: Allows applications to open network sockets.